This sounds so wonderful I just had to share it. I am not so sure about the soy curd though. Might replace that with some sweet potato (gold, of course)
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 TBS vegetable broth
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (remove stems)
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage
- 5 oz extra firm tofu cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 TBS tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 TBS sesame seeds
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Prepare rest of vegetables.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a stainless steel wok or 12 inch skillet. Healthy Stir-Fry onion for about 2 minutes in broth over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms, and cabbage. Continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and continue to cook stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This recipe was posted by George Mateljan at www.whfoods.org