Most of use tend to think of snacks as fast food or biscuits. Below are some of my favorite Healthy Snacks.
An Israeli friend introduced me to this one.
Grate one medium sized beetroot and cracked pepper and lime juice.
Place on a small plate with a desert fork, superb
George Mateljan from Worlds healthiest foods posted this. It sounds great and I am going to try it!
Carrot Cashew Paté
Enjoy this paté in wraps with shredded vegetables, put a scoop on salads, or serve as a dip with your favorite crudités.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 2 tsp chopped parsley or cilantro
- Blend all ingredients except the cilantro or parsley in a blender until a smooth paste forms, scraping down the sides periodically.
- Add the ciliantro or parsley and pulse to mix it in.